Saturday, January 11, 2014

Turtle Trot January '14

I worked on two WIPs since the beginning of the year..



Fancey Blackett before..



Fancey Blackett as of last night. A few more acorns added. I really need to finish this one this year!

And Long Winters Nap, I think it's called! Before..



And after..



I'm running out of the color for the trees, as there are 2 more above and another at the bottom. I'll probably use different greens for them, variety is the spice of life, right?!

Here's my 7th start-


This one is going to be fun to stitch and there's not a whole lot to it, really. The house will take some time. Still waiting on my other fabric. Haven't checked mail yet, it might be there.

And last, but not least, my first ornament



This is Happy Holidays by Country Cottage Needleworks, found in the JCS 2012 Ornament magazine. My plan is to stitch the ornaments I've marked in each issue. In this issue, there are 3, maybe 4, that I'll stitch. Next month, I think I'll stitch Halloween!

Carol, School Days is by La D Da and it's found in the 2003 JCS magazine.

Thanks for stopping in! I'm reading your comments and Barb, I agree, Grandma was right from the beginning! Jan, the wait between seasons are hellish! Leslie, get to downloading! You'll love it! Carol, good time to stay in and stitch. I'm on my way out to take care of stuff in 60 degree weather, sunshine, oops, did I say that?!

Take care!



-m Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

6 comments:

  1. Where is the la d da school house from, is it a magazine
    Pam B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your projects Shelly.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your ornament finish, it is adorable. Looking forward to seeing your progress on the Winter Wind piece. Watch out for squirrels they might nab some of your recent stitched acorns lol Keep up the good work on the Turtle Trot pieces. Happy Stitching, Toni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Shelly--I think I have that one in my stash :) Love all your WIPs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a huge fan of JCS Christmas Ornaments magazines too. Beautiful work for TT!

    ReplyDelete