Saturday, January 4, 2014

Stashing withdrawal!

One of the meanings of Withdrawal is: the act or process of ceasing to use an addictive drug (The Free Dictionary by Farlex).

Lol! Stashing isn't quite like doing drugs (I wouldn't know!) but on a nice sunshiney Saturday afternoon (Sorry those of you dealing with snow and cold back East) after the chores are done and by habit, you sit down and look at the 123Stitch website and all of a sudden-screeeeeeeech! Just a hold on there-I can't be buying cross stitching stuff when I want to!! I have been replaying this everyday since the 1st! Granted, I do need about 5 or 6 skeins of Crescent Colors or whatever they're known by now for one of my 10 starts: it's just not the same. So I'm working to overhaul my mind. This is just like going on a food diet. Yikes! But I'm taking this stash diet seriously and applying it to some other aspects of my life.

So I posted about my 1st and 2nd day starts, here are my 3rd and 4th, respectively



On 30ct fabric, it says 1 over 2. I'm a huge fan of 1 over 2 when using 35 or 36ct fabric but not on 30. So I'll stitch a little more and see if it grows on me.

Here's the 4th day or today's project



This one is going to be fun but aren't LizzieKates always fun?

I mentioned I AM going to stitch 2 ornaments a month. I started this one the other day



From the JCS Ornie magazine 2012. This has such pretty colors in it. The red is Licorice Red by Crescent Colours. It's now my favorite color.

Tomorrow is Sunday and you know what that means-Downton Abbey! I've already told my daughter the tv is mine Sunday evenings.

Sending a warm hello to those of you on the East coast dealing with snow and cold. Stay safe and warm!

Thanks for your comments! I don't always respond but I do read them. Take care!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

12 comments:

  1. I have stitched the Happy Holidays. It turns out very pretty. I also love Downton Abby. Looking forward to Sunday evening.
    Happy New Year from Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cold here but no snow. :o( I like the projects you have selected. I will be glued to the TV tomorrow evening as well. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can not wait for tomorrow night and Downton!!! Thanks for the warm hello ~ we have the cold and snow here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some great starts for the year. I'll have on PBS tomorrow night for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Shelly, I am doing the stash diet too and am having the same problem! Old habits die hard I guess and I am counting myself lucky that there hasn't been any real temptation for me since the start of the year. Market is just around the corner though so I foresee a big challenge coming!! Lol. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. We need to start a support group! Downton Abbey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!! It's Sunday--can hardly wait for Downton to begin :)

    Nice starts, Shelly--will look forward to watching them grow this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great new starts Shelly.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great new starts! I hope that the withdrawal pain subsides soon! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just catching up with your last few posts Shelly after a busy last 6 weeks. I have almost 700 posts waiting in my Feedly - yikes! I love Lizzie Kate designs, they are always fun and cute. I need to go on a major stash diet...not for monetary reason so much but I'm overwhelmed with all I have and there's no way I'll ever get it all stitched in this lifetime. I'm heading out on a work trip today to Tulsa OK and going to visit The Silver Needle so any stash reduction diet is going to have to start NEXT week ha ha. Happy new year - it's a good time to be in Arizona isn't it with the bitter cold wave sweeping the east and Midwest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great new starts! I'm going through my stash to see what I want to stitch this year.

    It's great being in AZ and missing all that cold, snowy and icy weather!!

    ReplyDelete