Sunday, March 30, 2014

TUSAL time, and another Happy Dance!

Here's my jar, looking down into it




Lots of green and brown from In the Meadow which has been finished, btw. I've got finishes comin' out of the kazoo! Practically a finish every other post.








My iPad camera cannot get the color of the fabric right. This picture from the last post




shows the color the best. Stitched on WDW Scuppernong fabric with CC overdyes. I'm making this into a pillow. Here's my idea for it. I have this brown cord and this homespun plaid fabric for it




I'm going to Hobby Lobby tomorrow to see if I can get some ideas on the backing fabric and another kind of trim. I'm thinking pompoms for the trim though. I also miscounted somewhere but I couldn't find it! It's maddening! So everything below the trees had to be adjusted like the bases of the trees and the snow. I counted everything from the words on down and still couldn't find where I went wrong! All the items on this design are basically mirror images of each other; the snowflakes, the trees, everything except for the words and his arms. But I think it turned out great. I went through one and a half skeins of CC Bamboo though going 2 over 2. Just an FYI!

Oh and I forgot to put up a few Temptations! Here they are




This is Rebecca from La D Da, and Long May She Wave




from Barbara Ana designs. Both pictures from 123stitch. This patriotic one is sold out at 123stitch. And since I'm doing my best at keeping 123stitch in business, lol, I stashed!




Ruby Pemberton Sampler pillow (in the mood for pincushions!) by Beehive Needleworks and Calico Heart by Notforgotten Farm, so cute. All to the tune of $17.08. Best thing about these two is that I have the flosses and substituted fabric for them. Right now though, I'm back to stitching on some TT WIPs.

Be sure to click on the pictures to get a better view. Looking at them on this iPad, they're looking blurry.

Well! This was supposed to be just my TUSAL post and nothing more but I couldn't wait until the 10th of April to show In The Meadow! And the other stuff. I've taken Tuesday off from work, so I'm in the middle of a 4 day weekend and loving it!

Thank You ladies, for stopping in and leaving comments. Jan left an excellent idea for Celtic Birds and I have found a perfect quote from an Irish poet to stitch with the design. I just need to plot what style of font, and where to put this quote, on top or at the bottom. That ought to be interesting! Take care all!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

11 comments:

  1. Thanks Shelly. Hey kid you worry to much about things. Your snowman looks great. Just think of the miscount as creative adjustments. [LOL] The same thing happen to me when I started Camelot Sampler by Teresa Wentzler. I centered the herringbone stitch rows on either side of the sword block. OOPS! I didn't notice until I was well into working the Arthur and Guinevere blocks. Anyway, I ended up moving the Arthur and Guinevere blocks over by one row. Thus having them butted up against the wrapped backstitch line. In the end I think it looks better than the way TW charted it off center.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its amazing the difference in the colors between those three pictures. I really like the blue plaid you chose for the pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies! And Jan, I like creative adjustments! Correction time: the chart Rebecca is actually a Kathy Barrick design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. " In the Meadow " is great and I love the plans you have for it. Very maddening about the being off but it sure does not show! Now you have really tempted me with those cute designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your In the Meadow. Glad to say though that our snow is finally melting and the winter is over. So maybe next winter i'll get it. You are tempting us aren't you. And I vowed not to get any more patterns this year! You make it hard! Oh I don't know if I told you, I recently found your blog and am following it now. Look forward to seeing more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on another finish! It looks so pretty! I laughed at your comment about keeping 123stitch in business! Great new charts! Love the bunny rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your snowman is just fabulous!!! Great new stash too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your newest finish. I had to chuckle when you said you could not wait until the 10th to post your finish. Glad that you didn't hold out on us. I cannot wait to see what backing fabric you find. :) Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, you and your temptations--stop, stop!! Love the snowman and I can't see where you're off at all! I would probably leave it unless you know it will bother you forever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. In the Meadow is gorgeous! I love the color variations and the fabric. What a great finish.

    ReplyDelete