Monday, January 2, 2012

A Crazy 2nd start

I had today off so I stitched on and off for about 5 or 6 hours. But for some reason, it sure doesn't look like it! It's called Pretty Poppies from the Cross Stitch and Needlework May 2010 issue.


This design called for 25ct beige linen but I'm using 28ct natural undyed linen that I had in my stash. It'll make a real difference what it looks like when finished but I think it'll look fine. I'm also using a mix of regular DMC and variegated DMC listed.

I also finished the beading on this cute ornament that comes from the 2009 JCS ornament magazine

This is Rejoice by Mosey 'N Me. The body of the sheep took a while but it's so cute! The beads are the snow.

Being Crazy that I am, I saw that Becky at BeckyBee's is hosting a BAP Challenge. I took a look at my stash and found that I have only one design that is big enough to meet the requirements! But it means buying a nice big chunk of fabric because one side of this design is over 300 stitches. I think it's a sign that I'll have my hands full enough with this Crazy Challenge! AND at Laineys Stitching Hoose, she's hosting a year long SAL for ornaments. But you know what? I have two ornaments in my 15 so that's good enough. I might become tired of Christmas by the time it arrives after stitching ornaments for 12 months straight!

Well this is it. My daughter and I like to watch this series on tv called Pretty Little Liars and the new season starts tonight but right now they've got re-runs on, so I gotta go!

Welcome to my new followers, BTW! And Thank You for your comments too! It's exciting to see 7 comments left!

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty design! Great start.

    The little sheep ornament is just too cute. I stitched it but, couldn't decide how to finish it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The variegated pink floss is beautiful! What a bright and cheer picture it will be. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from a new reader! I found to your blog from Yahoo's Crazy January Challenge-group.

    Those poppies look sooo beautiful! I need to get that chart as well :)

    Good luck with CJC, nice starts already!

    Helena

    ReplyDelete