Saturday, January 24, 2015

Hey Cupcake!

Here is my 20th start. Am I really behind in posting my starts? Oh yeah! I still have 4 more starts to get caught up on.
I agree wholeheartedly with this sentiment! This is 'better with a cupcake' by Amy Bruecken. This 30ct Peoria Purple linen is so pretty and I have the embellishments for it also. 

With February and Mardi Gras in New Orleans coming up, I decided this flat ornament...
which I always put up on my header picture for February, will be retired. So I bought this..
I was going to do a substitution and stitch this today but wouldn't you know it..I don't have 3 of the DMCs! That's crazy with all the DMCs I recently bought. But isn't it lovely?! I didn't go through every project for the Crazy that has DMC, so I'm hoping I can find what I need amongst all those. I'm really itching to start this in time for the 1st of February.

Between now and Monday, I'm hoping to get 5 starts posted. Wish me luck! A question was raised on the FB page for the DSDUCJ/FC2015 about who is continuing on into February-Me! It's a hard proposition to post a start every single day, much less when things are happening like being sick for the last couple of weeks. I have stopped my cough drop addiction since yesterday though! I am also short on January starts and need to rustle up a few more charts to make 31. If I hadn't joined this group, a lot of what I recently started would still be sitting in a drawer, untouched. Going through my emails, I still run into a SoCal Deb email. Those emails were about our furbabies and stitching, of course! So yeah, I'm going to try to stick it out to the bloody end!!

Enough of that! Just wanted to thank you all for your comments! I'm managing to keep up on my responding to your comments but like other bloggers, I'm running into no reply emails. I don't know if some of you mean to be no reply. I'm not sure how to remedy that though. Though I'd put that out there. Welcome to the new followers also! Glad you're here! Take care, y'all!



5 comments:

  1. I quite agree about cupcakes and what a lovely Mardi Gras ornament :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the fleurd'orleans chart. Nice choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new start and new chart Shelly. Don't stress out over the starts. You'll get caught up.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cupcake pattern! Can't wait to see it progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cupcake pattern! Can't wait to see it progress :)

    ReplyDelete