Saturday, January 3, 2015

Starts 2 and 3

For the past two days I have been in blog heaven! I have been spending about an hour or two reading updated blogs about new starts, posting for the new SALs, and blogs that had gone by the wayside have come back with promises to post more often. It's been great but that means I'm not getting much done around here!

I am combining my Day 2 and Day 3 DSDUCJ/FC2015 starts. Got home from work yesterday and started on Fancey Blacketts Brooms..
I've done quite a bit of this. I think Fancey will be a quick stitch. For Gifted Gorgeousness, we post on the 15th, so I have that out of the way. I may pick it up again because its a fun stitch.

This morning I stitched a little on this, my 3rd start...
In the near future, I'll make the Pinkeep too. Too pretty not to!

This flat ornament that I made, my last finish of the year, has words from a very favorite Christmas carol that I love..
This is from the 2008 JCS ornament issue, A Song, A Song. In reading the designers little blurb that is next to the graph, she has mentioned the other ornaments that feature parts of that carol that are spread out in past ornament magazines. I'm on a quest to find the other magazines and managed to score these two..
For just $4.99 each from eBay. Both in great condition, both have the graphs for the ornaments in the series. On the 2007 issue, you can see the ornament that is right below the words Celebrate Christmas. Now I need the '06 and '04 magazines. I know JCS is selling the entire ornament series digitally, I just don't have the money to buy that. When I was looking for magazines, I came across a seller who is selling 17 years of JCS ornament magazines. She's asking $49.99-yikes! Since I can't eat paper or stuff a magazine down my gas tank, well, carry on!

It is that time again for the Downton Abbey ornament on my header! Yes, the show comes back this Sunday, the 4th! Be sure to catch it. 

Have a great day, spend it stitching!






9 comments:

  1. Looks like you are on a great start for the new year! I have 2 projects in progress!
    Thanks for sharing! Love your last finish for the year! Great design.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great starts! I do love the Fancey charts. I think I need to add them to my Halloween designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great new starts! Isn't it fun, all these new beginnings?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pineberry Lane is one of my favorite designers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the finish Shelly. Great new starts.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo! Can't wait for Downton tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you ready for Downton tonight, Shelly!! I can't wait--think I may spend the day watching parts of the past season to refresh myself a bit...

    Love the new starts and the ornament is darling--glad you found those old magazines at such a bargain price! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely starts and your ornament is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete